Things That Matter is a small discussion group that meets on Monday nights at 7:30 to discuss life and dig into important topics as well as some good snacks. This group is made up of many different people from different backgrounds who want to have meaningful conversation about current topics, whether that be world news, life issues, spirituality or education. The discussion group is guided by the attendees and the topics vary depending on what issues the group would like to discuss.
Below are some example topics and questions we have had in past Things That Matter.
Examining The Self
1. If you could describe yourself in three words what would they be?
2. What factors affect how you view yourself?
3. Are these factors edifying or destructive?
4. Do you think your self-image is accurate? Why or why not?
5. How do you expect your self-image to change in the future?
6. How will this discussion affect our week?
1. When I use the word rest what comes to mind?
2. How do we define relaxation as a culture? How about personally?
3. Where do you go and what do you do to rest or relax?
4. Why do you think we should rest/relax?
5. How will this discussion on rest/relaxation affect our week?
We would love to have you come and talk about things that matter to you with us and have a few laughs as we come to some interesting conclusions.